System Engineer (Linux - DevOps) m/f
System Engineer (Linux - DevOps)
The IXOLIT Group is a globally active software enterprise focusing on eCommerce and digital payments. The owner-operated and financed company was founded by Rene Siegl in 2001, and has grown from a two-man team to become a specialist employing over 60 domain experts. Since founding the company, we have delivered over a hundred prestigious projects of all sizes to customers in a range of industries. The IXOLIT Group and its brands IXOPAY, IXOCREATE, IXOPLAN and IXOCARE are based at two locations: Vienna, Austria and Florida, USA.
IXOLIT’s customer portfolio ranges from startups to large online projects, that rank among the world’s top 300 most visited websites. Our team has many years of experience in the implementation and support of network and server infrastructure. We do employ agile project management methods (Kanban, DevOps) and manage our infrastructure with modern configuration management tools.
We are looking for a Linux System Engineer, who has a comprehensive understanding of all components needed to operate a modern web application stack. This includes knowledge in networking, established infrastructure and application management practices, hardware and operating systems.
- Excellent knowledge of common Internet services (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, Mail)
- Experience with the operation of Linux server infrastructure (Debian) using modern automation tools
- Experience in development and implementation of web projects (configuration, monitoring, network design, high availability & load balancing)
- Good network knowledge (Ethernet, Routing, Load Balancing)
- Experience with Puppet or Ansible
- Readiness to take over on-call duties within the team
- Good communication skills in German and English
- Practical experience with database optimization and performance (Percona, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Knowledge of programming languages like Bash, Python or Ruby
- Experience with virtualization (KVM) and container solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with code development tools (version control)
- Experience with Enterprise Hardware (Supermicro, HP)
- Absolute plus: Experience with compliance processes in the payment and PCI-DSS environment
Join our agile, team-oriented company with the opportunity to work on global web projects, complete tasks under your own initiative, and get involved on the forefront of modern technologies and open source software.
- Friendly and open working environment in a well-connected modern office in the center of Vienna
- Company notebook (MacBook/Thinkpad/Dell) for all employees with your free choice of software
- Numerous team and company events guarantee a friendly atmosphere
- Work on large-scale global web projects
- Our clients include some of the top 300 web pages in the world
- Excellent career prospects in our fast-growing company
Depending on your personal experience and qualifications, we offer a minimum annual salary of 45.000,00 EUR gross per year for your commitment, dedication and loyalty as part of our motivated team.
If you are interested and recognize yourself in the job description, send your resume to email@example.com.